- “Bad Habits, Holy Orders”: A ‘Reality’ Show Which Truly Transforms Lives?
The UK “Channel 5” will broadcast what looks like a very interesting show,
starting on Thursday 19th October 2017, 10pm. The show documents how five
“party” ladies’ lives were transformed when they lived alongside a
congregation of nuns in a convent.
Further reading here.
- Two Years Since The Carrickmines Disaster. We won’t forget.
- Breaking News: 10th October 2017
A mother was giving instructions to her three children as she sent them
into hear Fr. Peter preach in Balally.
She asked… “And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?”
Her son quickly responded, “Because people are sleeping!”
- Fr. Peter Byrne: Co-Parish Priest Of Sandyford-Balally Parish, 8th October 2017
After 25 years at the helm, Fr. Dermot Lane today handed over our parish to the new, Co-Parish Priest, Fr. Peter Byrne.
Fr Lane will continue to help in the parish as chaplain.
It was a ceremony full of symbols that highlighted the role of community in our parish, shown in the photos below.
Please pray to St. John Vianney, for both priests, as they begin their new roles in our parish.
- Celebrate Your Marriage!
Six Parishes will mark significant Wedding Anniversaries on Sunday 15th October, 2017 as part of the preparation for the World Meeting of Families in 2018.
Those married in years 1947,1957,1967,1977,1987 and 1992 are invited to attend, including those who have been widowed. The events are being organised locally and will take place on 15th October in the following churches;
- Saint Gabriel’s Church, Dollymount at 10.30am
- Saint Brigid¶s Church, Blanchardstown –10.30am
- Holy Family Church, Aughrim Street –11.30am
- Saint Jude’s Church, Willington –11.30am
- Holy Redeemer Church, Bray – 12.00p.m
- Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, Mourne Road at 12
Refreshments afterwards for all.
- Renewed & Restored
- Faithfest 11, 6th October 2017
Are you looking for a place where you can meet other young people to explore faith and life in a fun and exciting way? Faithfest has- music, prayer, workshops and chat n’chill!
For teenagers from parishes who wish to meet otherteens from other parishes in Dublin. Come along to Holy Cross College, Diocesan Centre, Dublin 3 on Friday the 6th of October,
6.00-9.30pm. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All welcome.
- Balally Parish Book Club, October 2017
The Balally Parish Book Club meets in the Parish Centre on the first Tuesday of every month at 8pm. We have two vacancies in the club at present.
Books read by the group focus on spirituality, ecology and personal development. In the past the group has read Papal encyclicals, and books by Echart Tolle, Fr Seán McDongh, Mitch Ablom, Fr
Brian D’Arcy amongst others.
At the moment we are reading the autobiographies of Bishop Edward Daly.
If you would like to join us please ring Caitríona: 01 2955410/ 087 2928131.
- Brendan, planting up for Winter and Spring around the Tree Of Hope
- Balally Parish Live Streaming