Insight And Reflection On The Message Pope Francis’ “Joy of Love”
A new series of digital animations and a six-part television series has been launched today as part of ongoing preparations for the World Meeting of Families 2018 and the visit of Pope Francis. Both of these new resources focus on Amoris Laetitia, the document written by Pope Francis on love in the family.
The Amoris Animations, the first created using Amoris Laetitia as a guiding theme, provide an accessible insight and reflection on the message in the Joy of Love in short, engaging and shareable cartoons. There are six animations in the series that focus on the following themes (click on the titles to play the animations):
- How families can transform the world: how love in our families can transform our own lives and the lives of others.
- Love and Mercy: Our call to be a sign of mercy. How we can be a reflection of Jesus mercy with the ideal he sets out while never failing to show compassion to the frailty of others.
- Families living as a reflection of the Trinity: God is a communion of love and the family can be its living reflection.
- Love and imperfection: How love can overcome weaknesses, faults and imperfections
- Families and consumerism: The impact of consumerism on family life. Rejoice and celebrate what we have rather than always wanting more material things.
- Families living in a digital age: The importance of switching off our phones to give each other the time and space that love needs to flourish.
The animations have been created by Kieran O’Brien who is the director of the digital storytelling agency Ministory, based in Cardiff, Wales. His previous work includes a series of digital animations on Pope Francis’ encyclical letter on care for our common home Laudato Si’.
As part of this animation series there are also four additional animations that have been specifically created for children. These animations will be launched at the World Meeting of Families Pastoral Congress in the RDS in August.
‘A Journey through Amoris Laetitia’ – TV Series
This new six-part series ‘A Journey through Amoris Laetitia’ features a wide variety of well-known commentators, as well as families from all walks of life and from all over the world. Contributors include Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, President of Caritas International; Jeff Cavins, author and speaker; Archbishop Eamon Martin, Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland; Bishop Robert Barron, Auxiliary Bishop of Los Angeles; John and Clare Gabrowski, Pontifical Council for the Family; Sr Consilio, Cuan Mhuire; and Pat and Susan Keenan of Retrouvaille Ireland.
Through the six episodes, the participants reflect on what Amoris Laetitia has to say to families as they experience the ups and downs of family life and how Pope Francis addresses key themes like love, mercy and the wider society while also offering an uplifting vision for the family. The episodes focus on the following themes:
- Reality: The reality and challenges of family life today
- Vision: God’s dream for love in our families
- Love is: A reflection on St Paul’s letter as a foundation for marriage
- Social: Love reaching out in solidarity
- Mercy: Accompanying families who are struggling
- Go Forth: How families can go forth in their families and in the world
Episode 1: “Reality”
Episode 2: Vision
Episode 3: “Love Is…..”
Episode 4: “Social”
Episode 5: “Mercy”
Episode 6: “Go Forth”
‘A Journey through Amoris Laetitia’ is available on Opens in new windowwww.amoris.ie/tv which hosts many of the practical resources that were made available to help people prepare for the World Meeting of Families 2018.
The series is also being broadcast internationally through a range of broadcast partners including Salt and Light TV, Catholic TV, EWTN and Shalom TV.