The One Book Project:
What one book would you recommend? If you had to take one book on an island, which one would it be?
Here are the first 8 suggestions we have.
What’s your suggestion and why?
1. “ Man’s Search for Meaning”- Viktor Frankl
Quote: “Life is not primarily a quest for pleasure, as Freud believed, or a quest for power, as Alfred Adler taught, but a quest for meaning.”
Proposed by: Maripi Nieto
2. “Live while you can” – Fr Tony Coote
Quote: “I’m the guest of honour at my own funeral”
Proposed by: John McGovern
3. “An Interrupted Life”- Etta Hillesum
Quote: Despite everything, life is full of beauty and meaning.
Proposed by: Sister Catherine Lennon FCJ
4. “Pride and Prejudice”- Jane Austen
Quote: “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” …
Proposed by: Mary O Shea
5. “When Breath Becomes Air”- Paul Kalinithi
Quote: “Will having a newborn distract from the time we have together?” she asked. “Don’t you think saying goodbye to your child will make your death more painful?”
“Wouldn’t it be great if it did?” I said. Lucy and I both felt that life wasn’t about avoiding suffering.”
Proposed by Imelda Dooley
6. “The Blessed Eucharist: Our Greatest Treasure”- Michael Muller
Proposed by Jeremiah Costello
7. “Dictionary of Saints”- John J Delaney
From Aaron to Zosimus
Proposed by: Frank Finnegan
8. “The Body: A guide for occupants: Bill Bryson
Quote: “Make no mistake. This is a planet of microbes. We are here at their pleasure. They don’t need us at all. We’d be dead in a day without them.”
Proposed by: Matt Harmey
Next Week 8 more interesting books..