Fr. Jim Caffrey, P.P.
Fr Dermot Lane, Parish Chaplin
St Stephen’s Green – Sandyford – Cherrywood line: the nearest station is Kilmacud, which comes immediately after Balally station (this is for Dundrum Town Centre). About 8 minutes walk from Kilmacud station to Church of the Ascension. First, cross the rail tracks. Come up from the station (steps or lift), cross a pedestrian bridge, turn right at the road, and go a short distance to the signals at the T junction. Cross straight over here (not to your left), and go through the pedestrian entrance in the fence. Go left along the road until you see the circular red-brick church on your right.
114, 115 and 116 go along Blackthorn Drive; Bus Stop at Balally Shopping Centre. 44, 44B and 44C go along Sandyford Road, to the left of the map above.
1. Coming south on the M50, take exit 13 (Dundrum, Sandyford, etc.) – bottom left of attached map. Take the third exit off the roundabout at the bottom of the off-ramp to continue on the service road (Green Route South) along beside M50 to the traffic signals at Sandyford roundabout (M50 Exit 14 on bottom right of map) where there is a filter left lane. Go to No. 3 below.
2. Coming north on the M50, you can exit directly at the Sandyford roundabout, exit 14, and go three-quarters way around the roundabout to exit.
3. Go to the next signals staying in the left lane, (Beacon Hotel on right) and go left onto Blackthorn Drive. After the first pedestrian lights, turn right into Cedar Road. Where the road bends to the right, the church is on the left hand side.
4. Coming from the city, come through Clonskeagh and Goatstown. Pass through the traffic lights at the Goat, and continue to the fourth set of signals to the Beacon Hotel. Turn right here, and take first right after the first pedestrian lights, as at No. 3 above.
5. Coming north along the N11, turn left for Leopardstown, to the Leopardstown roundabout. Go three-quarters way around, and turn into the industrial estate. Go through the first set of signals, where the new Luas line crosses, and on to the T junction to turn left. The road curves around to the right, and straight on to a junction with signals, and two lanes turning left – keep in the right hand of those two lanes for left turn. This will bring you along by the Beacon Hotel. Go straight through the lights at the hotel, and take the first turn right after the pedestrian signals, as at No. 3 above.