Encouraged by the lovely fresh weather there is a lot of *buzz *around the
There are of course the *ongoing *events:
– Bingo every Friday
– Evening Prayer on Thursday
– Hospitality every Wednesday
– Choir practice every Tuesday
– Loads of other groups and events who gather in and around the Parish.
This week a very important group, the PPC (Parish Pastoral Council) met on
Tuesday night. This group represents the different sectors of the Parish
population and voice issues around the life of the community. It is chaired
by 2 lay people. This week, there were discussions around;
– The welcoming and registration of new members to the community
– The development of relationships with Sandyford Parish
– The upcoming visit of the American Students
– The new parish bulletin, to be unveiled.
Of course, as always, the issue of child protection was on the agenda.
The meeting is always uplifted by a prayer prepared in turn by the PPC
The Parish team went to Tallaght on Wednesday to receive a seminar on
in Love”* programme for primary schools. This is the curriculum for
religious education in primary schools in all of Ireland. Three experts
explained its origins and its applications. It has taken 7 years to develop
and is a wonderful child-friendly, love-centred programme. The amount of
resources and aids for teachers is marvellous.
There has been a steady stream of *Altar Lists of the Dead* being handed
into the parish office.
On Tuesday the Confirmation children from *Queen of Angels* came to 10.00
Mass and saw how the Altar Lists are gathered into a special box and put
near the altar during Mass.