The Solemnity of Christ the King marked the last Sunday of Ordinary Time
and also highlighted the beginning of a very busy time in the Parish. We
had a beautiful visit from ‘An Cór’ who sang at the 12.00 Mass and joined
us in the coffee dock afterwards. The Parish Council had the monthly
meeting. The events that have occurred over the last month were reviewed
and Christmas was prepared. Some of the issues addressed were:
• Child safeguarding issues.
• How to make people of other nationalities feel welcome in our community.
• The collections at Masses and proposed changes.
• The advancement of Youth ministry through the Confirmation Club, the
Reader’s Club and the possibility of a New Altar Server’s Club.
• Communications updating in the PPC and the Parish Web- site.
• Updating of the audit on Parish Volunteers
The Parish Council represents the voice of the parishioners and generously
gives its time to consider all or any issues that arise around the Parish.
The members are particularly sensitive to child protection issues and they
help guide the parish team in decisions about the future of the Parish.
Many sheep were seeing going into the Parish office over the last few
days… it seems that the children who will make their first communion this
year will have to imitate the Good Shepherd and look after a sheep during
the time of advent.